The Gantt supports the following dependency validation rules:
- Finish to Start (FS) - A successor task's start point should equal the preceding task's end point.
- Start to Start (SS) - Successor and predecessor tasks should begin at the same time.
- Finish to Finish (FF) - Successor and predecessor tasks should end at the same time.
- Start to Finish (SF) - A successor task's end point should equal a preceding task's start point.
The Gantt also has the autoUpdateParentTasks property that enables validation for parent-child relationship:
- A parent task's duration equals a summary duration of its child tasks.
- A parent task and its first child starts at the same time.
- A parent task and its last child ends at the same time.
- A parent task's progress is a summary progress of its child tasks.
The Gantt processes changes in task values before they are saved to a database. The component displays a popup window with a list of available actions if an error can be handled in several ways.