Specifies the operations that must be performed on the server side.
Data for the DataGrid can be stored on the client or come from the server. As a rule, manipulating data on the server enhances DataGrid performance. However, the server might be falling short of implementing certain operations, in which case, they can be performed on the client.
Data operations can be categorized into basic operations (filtering, sorting, paging) and advanced operations (grouping, group paging, summary calculation). The following table shows where data operations are performed by default.
To control individual operations, assign a Boolean value to a corresponding field of the remoteOperations object. To control all operations simultaneously, assign a Boolean value directly to the remoteOperations option.
Note that when operations are performed remotely, the DataGrid does not support:
- sorting, grouping and filtering by columns with the calculateCellValue or calculateDisplayValue option defined;
- custom grouping and custom sorting using functions (that is, calculateGroupValue and calculateSortValue accept strings only);
- custom summary calculation.
Specifies whether or not filtering must be performed on the server side.
Specifies whether or not grouping must be performed on the server side.
Specifies whether or not paging by groups must be performed on the server side.
Note that remote group paging has a number of restrictions:
- Filtering, paging, grouping and (if needed) sorting, should be performed remotely.
- Initially, all groups should be collapsed. For this purpose, set the grouping | autoExpandAll option to false.
- The widget does not support remote group paging in case the expandAll(groupIndex) method is called.
For details, see the Remote Group Paging topic.
Specifies whether or not paging must be performed on the server side.
Specifies whether or not sorting must be performed on the server side.