A user can interact with the UI component using the following keys:
|← → ↑ ↓||
|Shift + Mouse Wheel||Scrolls the content left/right if the horizontal scrolling is taking place.|
|F2||Switches a cell to the editing state.3|
|Esc||Cancels changes made in a cell or row and switches it back to its normal state.|
|Alt + ↓||Opens a drop-down editor (a select box4, a calendar5, etc.) in the editing state.|
|Space||Selects the focused row. In multiple selection mode, also clears the selection.6|
|Ctrl + Space or Ctrl + Click||Сlears the selection of the focused row in single selection mode.|
|Shift + Space||Selects or clears the selection of a range of rows between the last selected or deselected and the focused rows.7,8,9|
|Ctrl + A||Selects all rows.6,10|
|Ctrl + F||Focuses the search panel.11|
|PageUp / PageDown||Navigates to the previous/next page.|
|Tab / Shift + Tab||Moves the focus one element forward/back.
Focuses the first/last element in the next/previous row if there are no more elements in the current row.
Shift + Click / Ctrl + Click
on a column header
|Applies/clears sorting settings of the column.12|
|Ctrl + → / Ctrl + ←||Expands/collapses the focused row.|
|Ctrl + ↑ / Ctrl + ↓||Navigates between a column header, filter row, data area, filter panel, and pager.|
- If the enterKeyAction is "startEdit".
- If the edititng.mode is "cell" or "batch" and the enterKeyAction is "moveFocus".
- The editing.mode should be "cell" or "batch".
- A select box appears in a cell of a lookup column.
- A calendar appears in a data cell when a column contains "date" type data.
- selection.mode must be different from "none".
- selection.mode must be "multiple".
- selection.recursive must be false.
- If the scrolling.mode is "virtual", the rows should be visible simultaneously. If the mode is "standard", the rows should be on one page.
- selection.allowSelectAll must be true.
- The search panel must be visible.
- sorting.mode must be "multiple".
You can override these shortcuts or create your own shortcuts using the onKeyDown event handler.