Notifies the DataGrid of the server's data processing operations.
Server-side data processing improves the widget's performance on large datasets. When the server does not implement particular operations (and/or the corresponding remoteOperations fields are false) they are executed on the client. Note that the widget may send queries to the server while executing a client-side operation.
The following table lists the possible remoteOperations configurations and the operations the server should implement. The server should also implement additional operations depending on the used widget functionality.
|Setting||Required server-side operations||Additional server-side operations|
||all operations except group paging||-|
||all operations including group paging||-|
||paging||filtering1, sorting1, summary calculation1|
(with grouping used in the widget)
|paging, filtering, sorting||grouping3, summary calculation1|
||grouping, filtering||sorting1, summary calculation1|
||summary calculation||filtering1, sorting2, grouping2|
2 - If group summary calculation is used.
3 - If grouping.autoExpandAll is set to false
The following restrictions apply when operations are remote:
- Sorting, grouping and filtering columns with the calculateCellValue or calculateDisplayValue option is not supported.
- The calculateGroupValue and calculateSortValue options accept only string values.
- Custom summary calculation is not supported.
- If the grouping.autoExpandAll option is true or the expandAll(groupIndex) method is called, group paging is performed on the client side.
Specifies whether or not filtering must be performed on the server side.
Specifies whether or not grouping must be performed on the server side.
Specifies whether paging by groups should be performed on the server side.
Remote group paging allows you to load groups from a remote source in portions. This feature speeds up grouping because the DataGrid transmits less data. However, requests become more frequent because the DataGrid sends several requests each time a user expands a group or sorts/filters data.
Remote group paging has the following restrictions:
- Filtering, paging, grouping, and sorting should be performed on the server.
- All groups should be collapsed initially by setting the grouping.autoExpandAll option to false.
- The expandAll(groupIndex) method should not be called. Otherwise, the widget ignores remote group paging.
Specifies whether or not paging must be performed on the server side.
Specifies whether or not sorting must be performed on the server side.