The items array can contain:
- Objects with fields described in this section
- Objects with any other fields. In this case, specify the itemTemplate.
If you need to update the UI component items, reassign the entire items array as shown in the following example:
As an alternative to items, you can use the dataSource property. It accepts the DataSource object, whose underlying stores provide an API that allows you to update individual items without reassigning the entire item collection.
The Lookup component evaluates the html property's value. This evaluation, however, makes the Lookup potentially vulnerable to XSS attacks. To guard against these attacks, encode the HTML markup before you assign it to the html property. Refer to the following help topic for more information: Potentially Vulnerable API - html.
You can use the text property as a safe alternative.
The following types of the specified value are available.
- Assign a string containing the name of the required template.
- Assign a jQuery object of the template's container.
- Assign a DOM Node of the template's container.
- Assign a function that returns the jQuery object or a DOM Node of the template's container.